When Muse Strikes Me

Sitting down and actually typing the words is the toughest thing in a writer's life. We tend to think that it is running after ther publisher that makes our life miserable.

Oh no! It is actually putting down 50k to 90k in words.

The girl meets the boy.

They have a fight but they are attracted towards each other

Destiny keeps on bringing them closer and closer till....

They cannot deny the love they have for each other.

Well, this is the back ground and most of the romance writers create scenes based on this groundwork. But  it is the words that put life into your characeters. After sometime these characters become so much part of your life.

For my family and friends, they are becoming a nuisance :) I talk to Armaan and Ayesha, talk about them to my friends and generally they stay with me the whole day. Sorry Armaan and Ayesha if DH, DD and DS laughs at you. :)

So if plots are same, how do I make them different?

But adding small quirks u their characterisation?

But adding the side characters in their life?

Or simply by letting them live their life?

They are not kids when I bring them to life, but yet they are my babies. So, how much tension I create between them? How many barreirs to create - for them to overcome?

Enough for the readers to keep on tunging the page.

The Game is on! This is going to be FUN!!!

Should I put a Deadline? Why not? 1 April ( In case I don't finish I can always shout... April Fool :) )








Share on Google Plus

About Rubina Ramesh

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I love the color of it. I tried a blog in this color, and it didn't work for me. Works beautifully for you. I also like your book titles. Wrote a nice list from your blog. My favorite blog is my "Travel" blog. I have more than one blog. I hope you will follow me there.

    http://carboatplane.blogspot.com

    I follow you in the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for stopping by and the follow Tea Norman. Saw your blog too. Love it. Books, poetry and travelling.. what more could I ask for? Very cool.

    ReplyDelete